We will take care of you for your sexual health test
Better2Know provides a comprehensive range of sexual health screening options, detecting Africa’s most common STIs. All our STI tests can be taken individually, or combined with other tests as part of a sexual health screen. You should consider one of our tests or screens if one of the following statements applies to you:
- You recently had a sexual incident that is causing you concern.
- You have symptoms which could be linked to a sexually transmitted infection or disease.
- You are about to begin a new relationship and want clarity on your sexual health status.
- You are looking for general peace of mind.
What is included in my STI Screen?
Your Better2Know screen includes:
- Consultation with our sexual health advisors when choosing your tests
- Efficient and friendly service to get your blood and/ or urine samples collected
- Fast and accurate testing of your samples
- Fast reporting of your results 24/7 in our secure online patient area
- Doctor Consultation to get you treatment for your STI
Better2Know STI Screens and Tests
An incubation perios is the window period between the incident you are concerned about and the time of your test. This is to make sure that your test is as accurate as possible.
Most STIs do not have any symptoms. The only way to know is to get tested.
STI tests that do not require an incubation period:
- Herpes I/II urine test (if you have symptoms)
STI tests available from 10 days after potential exposure:
- Syphilis blood test
- Early Detection Screen (HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C)
- HIV RNA Early Detection Test
- Hepatitis B Early Detection Test
- Hepatitis C Early Dection Test
STI tests and screens available from 14 days incubation:
- Early Platinum Screen (Chlamydia, Gardnerella, Gonorrhoea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Herpes I/II, HIV, Mycoplasma, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma)
- Comfort Screen (Chlamydia, Gardnerella, Gonorrhoea, Herpes I/II, Mycoplasma, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma)
- Peace of Mind Screen (Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis)
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea tests
- Mycoplasma test
- Ureaplasma test
- Trichomonas test
- Gardnerella test
STI tests and screens from 28 days incubation:
- Platinum Screen (Chlamydia, Gardnerella, Gonorrhoea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Herpes I/II, HIV, Mycoplasma, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma)
- Full Screen (Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Hepatitis B, HIV, Mycoplasma, Syphilis, Ureaplasma)
- Hepatitis Screen (Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C)
- HIV DUO test (HIV I/II and p24 antigen)
- Hepatitis B test
- Herpes I/II blood test
- All Instant tests
In certain locations, Better2Know also provide swab sample testing for infections such as HPV, Herpes I/II and Syphilis, as well as PAP Smear testing for women. We also offer face-to-face doctor’s consultations, and Instant STI testing. Instant testing uses simple blood and swab samples to detect six of the most common infections, with results available in under 30 minutes. This popular testing option provides Instant results for HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
If you are unsure which tests or screen to select, Better2Know suggests either the Full STI Screen or the Platinum Screen. Both of these screens comprise simple blood and urine samples, and offer a complete pic
All our tests and screens are completely confidential and are designed and reviewed by our panel of sexual health specialists. Please note that results times can vary, depending on when your sample arrives at our certified testing laboratory. They may differ as a result of your selected time, test/s and location.