Why Choose Better2Know?
- 100% Confidentiality. You do not need to give us your real name to get tested.
- Fast, accurate results. Your test results will be available within one to five working days from receipt of the sample by the laboratory, depending on your selected test or location.
- Locations throughout Africa. With testing facilities across the continent, it is now easier than ever to get a sexual health test.
- Outstanding facilities. Our modern and advanced centres and clinics meet the highest international standards.
- A non-judgmental service. There is no need to be embarrassed - our staff and clinicians are experienced, friendly and completely discreet.
STI Testing Choices
We offer a full range of tests for sexually transmitted infections and diseases. Whether you are concerned about a recent incident, have any worrying symptoms, or just need general peace of mind, Better2Know is here to help you. Our Instant tests are available in selected locations across Africa, providing rapid results for six of the most common STIs, while you wait in the centre. At Better2Know, we can test you for a wide range of infections, including:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
All our tests can be complete using simple bloor, urine or swab samples. Our trained clinicians across all African centres will take the right samples for the tests you have chosen, ensuing the fast and accurate test results that you need for your peace of mind. Our trained patients services team can help you choose the right STI screen of test for you.
STD and STI Testing: Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding sexual health testing. If you have any specific questions about Better2Know’s private STI testing services, please contact our highly trained Patient Services team.
How do I know if I have an STI? What are the symptoms?
Most STIs may not have any symptoms to start with, and when they do occur, they vary by disease. Please select one of the individual STI pages above for a description of symptoms.
When should I get tested?
Each STI has a different incubation period. This is the minimum amount of time that you should wait between any incident you are concerned about, and getting tested. For example, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea can be detected after two weeks, whereas Hepatitis B requires 28 days of incubation.
How long do results take?
This varies depending on the tests you choose, but is usually within one to five working days from when the sample is received by our accredited laboratory,
Are my results confidential?
Yes. Your results are 100% confidential and will be known only by you and Better2Know. Your results will not be shared with any third parties, unless you ask us to do so.
Where is my nearest clinic?
To locate your nearest testing location in Africa, click here to find your nearest clinic.