To ensure the highest accuracy of STI and HIV testing, Better2Know’s range of tests and screens include minimum periods of incubation. This is the window period between the incident you are concerned about and the time of your test.
If you test too soon, there is a possibility that the infection will not show up during the test and you may, falsely, receive a negative result. There is no maximum period prior to testing, and you do not have to be tested on an exact date once you have achieved the minimum time required. Most people will not show any symptoms if they are infected, so it is important to get tested regularly.
STI tests that do not require an incubation period:
- Herpes I/II urine test (if you are symptomatic)
STI tests available from 9 days after potential exposure:
- Syphilis blood test
STI screens available from 10 days incubation:
- Early Detection Screen (HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C)
- HIV RNA Early Detection Test
- Hepatitis B Early Detection Test
- Hepatitis C Early Dection Test
STI tests available from 12 days incubation:
- Hepatitis C test
STI tests and screens available from 14 days incubation:
- Early Platinum Screen (Chlamydia, Gardnerella, Gonorrhoea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Herpes I/II, HIV, Mycoplasma, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma)
- Comfort Screen (Chlamydia, Gardnerella, Gonorrhoea, Herpes I/II, Mycoplasma, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma)
- Peace of Mind Screen (Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis)
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea tests
- Mycoplasma test
- Ureaplasma test
- Trichomonas test
- Gardnerella test
STI tests and screens from 28 days incubation:
- Platinum Screen (Chlamydia, Gardnerella, Gonorrhoea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Herpes I/II, HIV, Mycoplasma, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma)
- Full Screen (Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Hepatitis B, HIV, Mycoplasma, Syphilis, Ureaplasma)
- Hepatitis Screen (Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C)
- HIV DUO test (HIV I/II and p24 antigen)
- Hepatitis B test
- Herpes I/II blood test
In certain locations, Better2Know also provide swab sample testing for infections such as HPV, Herpes I/II and Syphilis, as well as PAP Smear testing for women. We also offer face-to-face doctor’s consultations, and Instant STI testing, at selected centres across Africa. Instant testing uses simple blood and swab samples to detect six of the most common infections, with results available in under 30 minutes. This popular testing option provides Instant results for HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
Select the Find Centres tab at the top of the page to locate your nearest testing location, or call us today to discuss your testing needs.
Visit our prices page for costing information and further details of our various tests and screens.